"one of Victoria's best up-and-coming acts" - Rolling Stone Magazine
"a shimmering alt pop/rock gem" - Monday Magazine
"Some of the best of what this city has to offer in terms of music"
- Pol Plastino, The Zone 91.3 Modern Rock in Victoria
- Domino (released June 9 2017) has been receiving radio play at Alt Rock stations across Canada, including CFEX The X in Calgary, CJZN The Zone in Victoria, CKXS in Wallaceburg, and CFGW the Fox in Yorkton.
- Featured in Rolling Stone's The Scene for performances at Phillip's Backyard Weekender in July 2017.
- Winners of 2015 Vancouver Island Music Award - Group of The Year
- Performed at Canadian Music Week, BreakOut West, Indie Week, Rifflandia, Tall Tree Music Festival, Edge of The World, Arts Wells and many more.
- Has co-headlined with Sam Roberts Band, Sweatshop Union, The Pack A.D., and shared stages with Current Swell, Cake, Head of the Herd, Delhi 2 Dublin and many more.
- The Zone 91.3 Modern Rock Band of the Month (April 2014)
- Nominated for Rock Group of the Year in Monday Magazine Awards (2014)
- TV, radio, online, and print interviews published across Canada
Victoria, BC based alt pop/rock band Fortune Killers (formerly Isobel Trigger) strikes you with their dynamic synth-scapes and high-voltage performances. With exotic vocals, soaring lead lines, and heart-thumping grooves, the band weaves a musical web that pulls your hips into a sultry sway. The lovechild of Lana Del Ray and Metric, Fortune Killers make glitter and grit collide.
Described by Victoria Music Scene as “one of the most entertaining local bands to watch,” Fortune Killers is widely recognized as a band that “has to be experienced live to be fully appreciated” (Ride The Tempo). Since the release of Nocturnal, the band toured nationally with performances at Indie Week, Canadian Music Week, BreakOut West, and Rifflandia Music Festival, opening for Sam Roberts Band, The Pack A.D., and Head of The Herd.
Fortune Killers' most recent single, Fool's Gold, and the accompanying video premiered on exclaim.ca. It was produced by Howard Redekopp (Dear Rouge, Tegan and Sara) is the first single off Fortune Killer’s debut full length album. This is the band's first FACTOR funded album, featuring production work from Howard as well as Tom Dobrzanski (Zolas) and Adam Sutherland (Vince Vaccaro). The next singe, Domino, was released June 9th on the heels of a successful Western Canadian Tour which ended with a bang at Victoria's Canada 150 celebration. Fortune Killers' debut album Temper Temper was released September 8th 2017 with supporting Western Canadian Tour in October 2017 and National Tour in April/May 2018.